How do I IDENTIFY automatically to NickServ?
Setting your TheLounge client to automatically IDENTIFY using SASL
Follow the steps outlined below to setup:
1. Edit the network
2. Choose your preferred Authentication Mechanism —
- Client Certificate (SASL External) is recommended
- Benefits: Easy to automatically be identified, No Password is sent, Always automatically identified
- Cons: Users may occasionally lose their certificate and/or forget their password. (Can be reset if email on account is valid)
- Username + Password (SASL Plain) is also available – Enter your primary Nickname (registered with NickServ) as Username and your NickServ password.
- No authentication can be used if you do not have a registered nickname, or if you prefer to send a manual
/NS identify MyNick MySecretPassw0rd
3. You will likely need to disconnect and reconnect. You can type
/DISCONNECT and then once disconnected, use
/CONNECT to reconnect.
CAUTION: * DO NOT TYPE
/QUIT (THIS WILL MAKE TheLounge CLEAR YOUR SETTINGS AND REMOVE/RESET NETWORKS BACK TO THE DEFAULT) *